To my neighbors in the 38th District and beyond, I want to say thank you and I applaud you for your diligence and patience in these unique and stressful times as we face issues related to the coronavirus that we have never had to deal with before.
Though our Governor’s actions to close many businesses and sources of recreation, including restricting beach activities, may seem too severe at this time, it is done with the hope that we will end this pandemic sooner rather than later. Hold your ground and continue to follow the CDC guidelines to keep yourselves, your loved ones and your neighbors safe and healthy.
Call those that are confined to cheer them up over the next couple of weeks, and keep smiling, even if you’re doing it behind a face mask. If you have questions, here are some resources that I have found to be very informative and helpful:
• For questions about coronavirus testing or exposure risk, call Delaware Division of Public Health Coronavirus Call Center at (866) 408-1899 or 711 for the hearing impaired. 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, or email DPHCall@delaware.gov. For the latest on Delaware’s response, go to: de.gov/coronavirus
• For information on the state of emergency and stay at home orders, the attorney general has an informative site at attorneygeneral.delaware.gov
• File for unemployment online at ui.delawareworks.com
• Reach out to me at my email address below if you have questions or need information for aid coming from the Small Business Administration.
• Social Security benefits will continue to be paid on time and will not be affected by the coronavirus crisis. For information: Go to www.socialsecurity.gov
• I will continue to send info and coronavirus updates from the state via email at Ronald.Gray@delaware.gov
Thank you for your efforts to stay in place and stay safe
Happy Easter and joyous Passover to you and your family.
State Rep. Ron Gray