The Women's Civic Club of Bethany Beach recently made a number of donations to local non-profits and community groups.
On Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2018, the WCCBB Executive Board — President B.J. Hildebrand, Vice-President Kay Houston, Treasurer Diane Bloom and Secretary Linda Carey — visited a number of the beneficiaries to make the presentations. They included:
• $500 to the Town of Bethany Beach for the Addy flower gardens, named after Martha Addy, the WCCBB's president in the 1980s and 1990s;
• $1,000 to the Bethany Beach Volunteer Fire Company;
• $1,000 to the BBVFC ambulance service;
• $750 to the South Coastal Library; and
• $1,000 to the Millville Volunteer Fire Company and its ambulance service.
At the WCCBB meeting on Jan. 10, the group made a number of additional donations:
• $1,000 to Meals on Wheels at the CHEER Center;
• $500 to the Women's Home of the Brave;
• $500 to the Weekend Warriors Program;
• $300 to the People's Place girls' foster home;
• $250 to the Delaware Botanic Gardens at Pepper Creek;
• $200 to Habitat for Humanity;
• $100 to the Gardeners by the Sea; and
• $100 to the Delmarvelous Quilters.
The WCCBB holds luncheon meetings on the second Thursday of each month at Bear Trap Dunes. Registration begins at 10 a.m., with a speaker or programs starting at 10:30 a.m., followed by a brief business meeting and luncheon at noon. All are welcome.
Upcoming events for the WCCBB include a Feb. 14 Valentine Tea at Cripple Creek Golf & Country Club; a March 14 program on the Delaware Botanic Gardens; an April 11 “Artist Inspirations program with Ellen Rice; and a May 9 program of cake-decorating hints from Chara Elliott.
For more information, visit the club's Facebook page or contact Membership Chair Andrea Gowetski at (302) 541-4751.