Would-be entrepreneurs can register today for the Delaware Small Business Development Center’s (SBDC’s) free “How to Start a Business” webinar. Following the webinar, participants may then register for free one-on-one business advising.
David Root, center director for the SBDC in Georgetown, said, “We are now advising clients with a variety of business ideas, such as manufacturing, daycare centers, marketing and social media consulting, service businesses, food trucks and retail shops.”
“No matter what you plan to start, the webinar will help you determine whether you are ready for what you need to do to move forward,” Root said.
The webinar is for individuals who are considering starting their own business in Delaware for the first time. Workshop topics include:
• Why business plans are important no matter what type of business you start;
• The requirements that banks will have for financing, should you need it;
• What steps are needed to establish a business in Delaware;
• Developing a timeline to get your business opened; and
• What resources are available to help?
“How to Start a Business” will be offered on Thursday, Nov. 19, from 9:30 a.m. to noon. Register online at: https://delawaresbdc.org/training/events/.