Reflections of history

A steel frame marks the footprint of the former Blackwater Presbyterian Church, built in 1763. The church had been in deteriorating condition for years, and after efforts to repair the church faltered due to termite damage, the caretakers of the building took it down in 2018, preserving some of the artifacts from the historic church and constructing the frame to preserve its place in local history.

Publisher

Publisher Susan Lyons is a native of the area and has dedicated 38 years to community journalism. She stays active in the community that she loves, along with her husband, three children and eight grandchildren.