TRAFFIC ALERT: DelDOT announces Route 26 roadwork for May 12 to 16
The State Route 26 Mainline Improvement Project continues with no closures. Look for flaggers on Route 26. Motorists may see lane closures from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in several areas on Route 26:
• between Powell Farm Road and Route 17 for underground utility relocation.
• between Railway Road and Old Mill Road to install a storm drain system.
• shoulder between Town Road and Assawoman Canal for sewer force main relocation.
• on Central Avenue at Route 26 for signal work (May 13 and 14).
• on West Avenue at Route 26 for signal work.
Detours are not required for this. Traffic will alternate, as directed by flaggers. Motorists should drive with caution, slow down in work zones, and never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones.
Meanwhile, there will be no lane closures for excavation of storm water management pond near Irons Lane, or for other overhead utility work.