At the Ocean View Town Council work session on Tuesday, Oct.17, the town council members discussed a proposal for electrical repairs on Atlantic Avenue, Route 26.
The repairs would ensure the town’s holiday lights will be up and functioning on the town’s main thoroughfare this winter. The council decided to go through with the repairs after checking the town budget.
Also on the table at the Oct. 17 work session:
• Discussion of the town-sponsored trash removal services;
• A second reading was scheduled for the Ocean View code, relating to sunsetting of subdivision approval and submission of final subdivision plans;
• Requests from town members to rename Windmill Lane, which causes confusion with Windmill Drive;
• A request from Carl Freeman Communities to change use of the second floor of the two town-center commercial buildings in the Village at Bear Trap Dunes from general business to residential;
• An attempt to establish procedures for the towing, release and inventory of motor vehicles towed by the Ocean View Police Department.
Other topics in the administrative, financial, infrastructure and police areas were discussed and will continue at the next Ocean View Town Council meeting on Tuesday, Nov. 6.