TOWN OF OCEAN VIEW
NOTICE OF SOLICITATION OF CANDIDATES
COUNCILPERSON FOR DISTRICT 4
The annual election of the Town of Ocean view will be held between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Saturday, April 14, 2012, at the Town Hall located at 32 West Avenue.
Any resident of District 4* in the Town of Ocean View who meets the following qualifications is encouraged to file for the Council seat in District 4:
• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
• Must be a U.S. citizen
• Must be an Ocean View resident for at least 1 year immediately preceding
the date of election
• Must be a resident of District 4 at the time of filing and during the full term
• Must be a Town of Ocean View eligible registered voter
Any resident who wishes to file as a candidate for this office must come to the second floor of the Wallace A. Melson Municipal Building (201 Central Avenue) to file a “Certificate of Nomination” and a “Certificate of Intention” and pay a $50 filing fee no later than 4:30 p.m. on March 15, 2012.
*Please note that the new Election District Map adopted in 2011 has
impacted the following properties:
• All properties in Country Village and Country Estates
• 172, 174, 176, 184, and 186 Central Avenue
• 14 and 16 Wagon Wheel Road
These properties have moved from District 4 to District 2. This change in Election Districts will not affect the eligibility of the affected areas to vote in the April 14, 2012, election. However, no resident of the properties listed in this notice is eligible to file for the Council seat in District 4.
CP 20120113 1T