Selbyville man killed in vehicle collision east of Frankford

A local man was killed and three other people were injured in a two-vehicle collision east of Frankford this week that was still under investigation mid-week.

The accident occurred on the morning of Saturday, Feb. 8, on Burbage Road at Powell Farm Road. Police said 48-year-old Robert Hensley IV of Milford was driving eastbound on Burbage Road when he allegedly failed to stop at the posted stop sign.

A vehicle being driven by Selbyville resident Danny Moore, 51, northbound on Powell Farm Road, had the right-of-way but was struck on the driver’s side by Hensley’s vehicle, causing both vehicles to go into a nearby ditch.

According to Delaware State Police, Moore’s mini-van overturned and came to a stop upside-down in the ditch, with the front of Hensley’s car partially underneath the hood of the van.

Moore, who was properly restrained, police said, was pronounced dead at the scene from multiple traumatic injuries suffered in the crash.

Moore’s 15-year-old son was also properly restrained in the front passenger seat. Police said he was initially transported to Beebe Medical Center, but he was later flown to A.I. DuPont Hospital, where he was admitted with non-life-threatening injuries.

Hensley and his 62-year-old female passenger from Lewes were also both properly restrained, police said. The two were airlifted to Christiana Medical Center, where they were both admitted with non-life-threatening injuries.

According to the DSP, their Collision Reconstruction Unit was continuing their investigation into the incident and charges could be forthcoming. They said it was unknown whether alcohol was a factor in the crash.

“That’s still under investigation at this time,” said Master Cpl. Gary Fournier, public information officer for the DSP, adding that the potential use of alcohol would be determined through blood work.

Burbage Road between Blackwater Road and Roxana Road, as well as Powell Farm Road between Blackwater Road and Omar Road, were closed for approximately five hours as the crash was investigated and the scene cleared.