The Rehoboth Art League will offer weekly art classes for children this summer. Children’s classes are tailored to make art projects age appropriate and ensure that children are with other students close to his or her age. The summer class sizes are limited to 15. Only charge card registration will be accepted by telephone. Participants must preregister for these classes by calling or coming to the office first. Walking into a class unregistered will not be permitted. Call 227-8408 for more information.
• Art Starters, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., Monday, Wednesday and Friday, in the Children’s Studio, for ages 4-5. Colleen Lowe, certified K-12 art teacher will offer this introduction to new and exciting art materials that will encourage the creativity within every child. Experiences in painting, collage and sculptural constructions will be explored. $30 members/$40 nonmembers, per week.
• Young Artist Studio, 11 a.m. to noon, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, in the Children’s Studio, ages 6-7. Colleen Lowe, will use materials of all kinds for kids to learn how to create both real and abstract masterpieces. Children will develop their own artistic style by experiencing painting, collage, clay and mixed media projects. $30 members/$40 nonmembers, per week.
• Summer Academy I, 9:30 to 11 a.m., Tuesday and Thursday, June 21-Aug. 4, in the Children’s Studio, for kids 8 to 10. Ruth Ruggiero, certified K-12 art teacher will every week focus on a different use of media, combining drawing and painting skills. Students will experiment with a range of materials including pencil, charcoal, pastel, and various paints, as well as paper mache and plaster. Most sessions include drawing-board time in the Homestead Garden. $30 members/$40 nonmembers, per week
• Summer Academy II, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays, June 21-Aug. 4, in the Children’s Studio, ages 11-14. Similar to the Summer Academy I, these classes will focus on drawing and painting but will be geared to children, ages 11-14. Students will focus on new media weekly, expressing themselves in new and exciting ways. Media include pencil, pastel, charcoal, oil pastel, a variety of paints, sculpture materials and printmaking tools. Students will learn to draw and paint in a realistic style. $30 members/$40 nonmembers, per week
• Children’s Summer Art Camp, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, June 20-24 OR June 27-July 1, in the Children’s Studio. Anne Hurley will teach this art camp for children ages 8-12, which will offer them the opportunity to work with multiple mediums, including drawing and painting with watercolor and acrylics. Students will also work on projects involving 2-D and 3-D form. This course will provide the opportunity to work both inside and outside the classroom. Students will engage in writing exercises pertaining to their work and participate in group critiques. This class will allow the students to create a number of projects while experiments with different mediums. The course will allow the students to learn from their instructor and their peers. $50 members/ $60 nonmembers/per week.