• The Bethany Beach Town Council will hold a public hearing at 1 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 17, at town hall, to receive comments on an ordinance to amend Section 425-105 of the Bethany Beach Town Code, to allow the Bethany Beach building inspector to grant an administrative variance.
• The Town of Bethany Beach’s 2016 survey regarding specific design elements for the proposed “Central Park” has been completed and tabulated. To see the results, visit http://www.townofbethanybeach.com/DocumentCenter/View/2398. To see the survey as presented, including illustrations, visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Preview/?sm=BMy_2BRLkGbCwB4ov3Q9FwB4K2vPI.... (No further survey responses are being accepted.)
The public can view on the Town website the presentation by Oasis Design Group to the Bethany Beach Town Council, soliciting input for preliminary concept development for the features and organization of “Central Park,” at the intersection of Routes 1 and 26. The URLs for the four presentation segments are http://www.townofbethanybeach.com/mediacenter.aspx?VID=30 (and 31, 32 and 33).
• The regular meetings of the Bethany Beach Town Council and Planning Commission are now being broadcast, with video, over the Internet via the Town’s website at www.townofbethanybeach.com, under Live-Audio Broadcasts. Both meetings are at town hall. The next regular council meeting is set for Feb. 17. The next Planning Commission meeting is set for Feb. 18.
• South Bethany is accepting applications for the position of town manager. Details on are available on the Town website.
• The Communications & Public Relations Committee will meet Wednesday, Feb. 8, at 1 p.m.
• The town council’s next regular meeting is Friday, Feb. 10, at 7 p.m.
• The town council will hold a budget workshop on Thursday, Feb. 23, at 2 p.m.
• The Town of South Bethany’s website is located at www.southbethany.org.
• Fenwick Island’s new town manager, Teresa “Terry” Tieman, began in that position on Jan. 23.
• The Charter & Ordinance Committee will meet Friday, Feb. 3, at 9:30 a.m.
• The Environmental Committee will meet Thursday, Feb. 9, at 2:30 p.m.
• The Business Development Committee will meet Wednesday, Feb. 15, at 2 p.m.
• The town council’s next regular meeting is Friday, Feb. 24, at 3:30 p.m.
• The Charter & Ordinance Committee will meet Thursday, March 2, at 9:30 a.m.
• The Town of Ocean View’s Facebook page can be found at www.facebook.com/townofoceanview.
• The Ocean View town website is located at www.oceanviewde.com.
• Candidates are now being accepted for the Millville Town Council election scheduled for March 4. The three available council seats each carry a term of two years. Candidates must be 21 or older; a bona fide resident of Delaware and of the United States; and a resident of the Town of Millville for at least 90 days preceding the election. Interested persons must submit application by Friday, Feb. 3, at 4:30 p.m. Details are available online or by contacting Town Hall.
• The town council’s next regular meeting is set for Tuesday, Feb. 14, at 7 p.m.
• The town council’s next workshop is scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 28, at 7 p.m.
• The Millville town website is located at www.millville.delaware.gov.
• The town council’s next regular meeting will be Monday, Feb. 27, at 6 p.m., at Bethel U.M. Church.
• The Town of Dagsboro website is at www.townofdagsboro.com.
• Curbside recycling is picked up every other Tuesday, continuing Feb. 7.
• The Town of Frankford website is located at www.frankfordde.us.
• The town council’s next regular meeting is Monday, Feb. 6, at 7 p.m.
• Nominations being accepted for Selbyville Town Council seats. The election will be Saturday, March 4. Three positions are up for election, each carrying a two-year term. Candidates must submit a Notice of Candidacy to Town Hall by Friday, Feb. 10, at 4:30 p.m. Candidates must be at least 21; a U.S. citizen; and have been a bona fide resident of the municipality at least one year before election day.
The voter registration deadline is also Feb. 10 at 4:30 p.m. (Municipal registration is separate from state or federal voter registration.) Qualified voters must be at least 18; a U.S. citizen; and be a bona fide resident of the municipality.
• Bulk trash is collected on the first Wednesday of each month. Households may put out one bulk item, such as a television, each month.
• The Town website is at www.TownOfSelbyville.com.
Indian River School District
• The second marking period ended Jan. 26. Report cards will be issued on Friday, Feb. 3.
• The Indian River School District’s Special Education Task Force will host parent focus group meetings on Wednesdays, Feb. 8, 2017, at Georgetown Middle School; and March 22, 2017, at Millsboro Middle School. The meetings are at 6 p.m.
• The district will host a public referendum on Thursday, March 2, to address a current-expense issue with a proposed 49-cent increase per $100 of assessed property value. The weather date is March 16. The Nov. 22 public referendum was defeated by a margin of 20 votes among more than 6,000 cast.
• There is no school for students on Feb. 17, for a teacher workday, or Feb. 20, for Presidents Day.
• The IRSD Board of Education’s next regular meeting is Monday, Feb. 27, at 7 p.m. Sussex Central High School.
• There is no 2017 School Board election because no seats are up for reelection this year.
• The school district website is www.irsd.net.
• The district website is at www.irsd.net.
• Agendas, minutes and audio, as well as live streaming of all County meetings, may be found online at www.sussexcountyde.gov.