The Selbyville Volunteer Fire Company Inc. announced this week that it will be holding its Third Annual Golf Tournament at the Cripple Creek Golf and Country Club in Dagsboro on Friday, Oct. 1, with a shotgun start at 9 a.m. Last year, the event sold out.
The purpose of the golf tournament is to raise funds to help defray the increased operational costs of the fire department.
The format will be a four-player team scramble. Those who do not have a foursome will have one created for them. The cost per player is $80, which includes greens fees, cart, range balls, lunch and raffle prizes. Sponsorships are also available. ranging from donation of raffle prizes to award luncheon sponsor. Holly Kia of Selbyville is sponsoring a hole-in-one challenge on a selected Par 3 to win a new Kia.
Sponsorship opportunities include:
• Award luncheon sponsorship, which includes greens fees for a foursome, refreshments, lunch and recognition as luncheon sponsor.
• Benefactor sponsorship, which includes greens fees for a foursome, refreshments, lunch and recognition as a benefactor and a hole sponsorship (the sponsor’s sign on a tee and green).
• Corporate sponsorship, which includes greens fees for one, refreshments and lunch, plus recognition as a corporate sponsor and a hole sponsorship (the sponsor’s sign on a tee).
• Hole sponsorship, which includes the sponsor’s sign on a tee.
• Raffle prize sponsorship, which could be a gift certificate or an item of the sponsor’s choice.
Player entry forms and sponsorship forms are available at the firehouse, many local retailers and at Holly Kia. In addition, entry forms are available on the fire company Web site at www.selbyville88.com. For more information, contact Roy Gould, golf co- chairman at (302) 436-3232 or email@example.com.