Beebe Medical Center has announced Hurricane Sandy-related cancellations, including:
• All elective surgery and elective cardiac catheterizations scheduled for Monday, Oct. 29, will be canceled.
• All Beebe satellite locations, including the Beebe Health Campus and departments that operate Monday-through-Friday schedules, will be closed on Monday, Oct. 29, as well.
The following outpatient services and facilities will not be open on Monday, Oct. 29:
• Beebe Outpatient Surgery Center and Same Day Surgery
• Beebe Imaging
• Beebe Lab Express
• Wound Care and Diabetes Management in Long Neck
• Beebe Physician Network offices and services
• Tunnell Cancer Center
• Cardiac Rehab
• Beebe Rehab Services
• Gull House
• Beebe Home Health
Patients impacted by the closures should call Beebe Medical Center’s Pre-Arrival Department at 302-645-FAST (3278) to reschedule their appointments.
The Emergency Department, operating rooms, and Labor and Delivery at the hospital on Savannah Road in Lewes are fully staffed and ready for traumas and other emergency situations throughout the storm, representatives noted.
Beebe Medical Center began preparations for Hurricane Sandy several days ago, they said, and reported that food, water and fuel supplies are on hand to cover the next several days. Patients will not be evacuated but will be sheltered in place, with Beebe staff caring for patients and maintaining the hospital through 12-hour shifts.