Long & Foster Real Estate Inc. recently recognized individual sales associates and teams who earned a spot among the top 250 real estate agents in U.S. based on closed sales volume and transaction sides in 2011. The recipients were honored during a luncheon held at the Chevy Chase Country Club in Chevy Chase, Md., and hosted by Wes Foster, members of the Foster family and corporate leadership. The survey was compiled by the Wall Street Journal and REAL Trends Inc.
Long & Foster teams and individual associates recognized included:
• The Leslie Kopp Group, Bethany Beach, Del., ranked 96th by transaction volume;
• The Creig Northrop Team, Clarksville, Md., ranked #1 with a closed sales volume of more than $325 million, and ranked 4th by number of transaction sides;
• Debbie Dogrul Associates, Fairfax, Va., ranked 8th by transaction volume and 43rd by the number of transaction sides;
• The Fleisher Group, Washington, D.C., ranked 13th by transaction volume;
• Tom & Cindy and Associates, Alexandria, Va., ranked 72nd by transaction volume and ranked 201 by number of transaction sides;
• The Coley-Reed Team, Bethesda, Md., ranked 83rd by transaction volume;
• The Wydler Brothers, McLean, Va., ranked 86th by transaction volume;
• The Banner Team, Bethesda, Md., ranked 116th by transaction volume;
• Charlie Buckley, The Mr. Waterfront Group, Annapolis, Md., ranked 158th by transaction volume;
• Meg Finn, Bethesda, Md., ranked 195th by transaction volume;
• John Plank Real Estate Services, Arlington, Va., ranked 204th by transaction volume; and
• Lilian Jorgenson, McLean, Va., ranked 245th by transaction volume.
“The Foster family and the entire Long & Foster team recognize that these teams and individual sales associates reflect the company’s principle mission to provide the most professional real estate services available. For more than 40 years the Long & Foster family has remained committed to helping its agents build successful real estate careers, and will continue to do so to ensure that consumers receive unsurpassed expertise and experience when it comes to buying and selling a home,” said Jeffrey Detwiler, president and chief operating officer of the Long & Foster Companies.
“It is the commitment of the Foster family to the business of real estate and an unwavering support for real estate professionals that distinguishes Long & Foster from other real estate companies,” Detwiler added.
“The Foster family is proud and privileged to have these honorees behind the Long & Foster name. We honor and salute these fine professionals for this extraordinary recognition, and we salute all of the sales professionals that make Long & Foster the number one real estate company throughout the Mid-Atlantic States.,” said Wes Foster, chairman and founder of the Long & Foster Companies.
The Wall Street Journal and REAL Trends Inc. rankings are based on a survey of more than 7,000 brokerage firms, associations of Realtors and other sources to determine the top real estate professionals in the United States. Now in its seventh year, the survey ranks top-producing teams and individual sales agents based on closed sales volume and closed transaction sides.
Transaction sides recognize that in each real estate transaction, there are two sides that can be represented by a real estate agent — a buyer’s and a seller’s. It is the only independent study of its kind where all of the results from individual submissions are independently verified through third-party sources, they said.
“Long & Foster is the brokerage of choice for many of the top-producing real estate professionals in this region because we are committed to their success,” said Gary Scott, president of Long & Foster Real Estate. “With an industry-leading suite of tools and technology and the unparalleled support that comes from a full-service brokerage, our agents continue to thrive in a swiftly-evolving real estate environment.”
For more information, visit www.LongandFoster.com.